Monday, 24 September 2012

First Blog Post

Hello Readers!
(If there are, indeed, any of you reading this...)

This is my very first blog post and I am petrified! I was recommended to start a blog by a woman called Caroline who was advising me via an Online Careers Guidance website. To be quite honest, I didn't need careers guidance at all, I've always known what I wanted to do.
When I was in pre-school, I adored writing stories. Our teacher used to give us these teeny tiny blue books with little pictures in and we had to write a story to match. Of course, it was a bit like ghost writing in today's terms, I had to get an adult to write it whilst I narrated, and I think they must have changed some words around and stopped writing when I babbled. My stories started sort of crazy, and looking back on them, not a lot of them made sense. But later on, during my primary years, I developed a passion for English, and I wrote down big novels in ring bound notebooks from Woolworth's. I used to save up my pocket money to afford them, and beg my mum on more than one occasion to buy me them when I was absolutely desperate to jot down my new ideas.

As soon as I got into Year 4 of my education, I fell in love with Jacqueline Wilson books. I read and collected all of them through the years, and despite my age, I still do so now! It's something about the utterly captivating story lines, and colourful, loveable characters that keep me reading Jacqueline’s books over and over again.

I also learnt to admire the work of Elizabeth Laird, introduced to me by a library worker when I attended a club there at the age of eleven. I first read 'Red Sky in the Morning', and was totally bowled over by the contrast of more adult, mature language and relatable story lines. I went on to read 'Jacob's Tower' and 'Paradise End' and 'The Garbage King', falling in love with the characters and empathising with them in the horrific situations they faced.

Now, as I endure my teenage years, I continue my passion for English as I read the work Shakespeare, Dickens and Harper Lee. I strive to earn the best grades I can, and so far I have got A*s in all my English exams. I also use my love for writing to contribute to my school magazine and local papers. Doing so got me the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work alongside the BBC when they visited my school to produce a report. This experience enhanced my dream to become 'one of them' even more!

I think I will use this blog to express my love for books, writing a few reviews here and there, as well as commenting upon current affairs, global matters which affect me, and to gain experience and express myself. I can't wait to watch my knowledge grow as I research economics and politics, as well as see my vocabulary expand as I devour book after book to provide reviews! I really hope that you (if there’s anybody out there) will enjoy my work and write me some feedback to show it!

I hope you like my blog, and I look forward to embarking on this journey!

Thank you!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment